Zafira Tourer MOT Failure

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Direwolf, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Direwolf

Direwolf

I took my Zafira Tourer to my local main Vauxhall dealer for an annual service.
    They told me that the front brake pads needed replaced which I duly agreed to and paid for.
    Three months later the car was in at the same dealership for an MOT.
    I received a phone call from the service manager to inform me that the car had failed the MOT as the front brake pads were dangerously worn. I was surprised at this and told him that they had just changed the front brake pads three months previously.
    He stated that there must be something wrong and said he would look into it.
    A short time later the service manager called back and said that there had been a mistake and that the technician carrying out the MOT had attached the wrong report .
    I was a bit sceptical but accepted his explanation.
    When I picked up the car and received the paperwork from the receptionist I noticed that behind the MOT pass report was the fail report bearing my registration number and the condition of the brake pads as dangerously worn.
    I asked to see the service manager and asked him about the fail report. He stated that the report should not be on there, ripped it off the other paperwork and took it away.
    I recently checked the government database to check when my next MOT is due and noticed that the fail is on there for dangerously low brake pads. I appreciate that once the technician has entered the report it can not be amended.
    How easy would it be for the technician carrying out the MOT to make a mistake like this?
    I now do not trust the dealership and I am very disappointed as my family and I have given them a lot of business over the last nine years.
    Any thoughts?

Direwolf, Feb 5, 2020
Ask a Question