Zafira C Passengers doors only remain deadlocked

Discussion in 'Zafira' started by geoffbeaumont, May 16, 2021.

1. geoffbeaumont

geoffbeaumont

Hi, first post here.

The locks on my 2015 Zafira C went on the blink yesterday. Reading around, that doesn't seem to be uncommon, usually down to broken wires, but the symptoms don't appear to add up. I can unlock the drivers door with fob or key, but the passenger doors remain deadlocked. So far that fits with a broken or shorted wire. However, everything I've read expects the tailgate and fuel filler to also remain locked as they're further out on the same loom - and they are both unlocking. Also, the lock buttons on the passenger doors are popping up. If it was one door I'd go with a mechanical failure, but all three at the same time points to an electrical fault somewhere central.

Apparently there's a drain from the HEVAC that can perish and leak on the BECM causing weird electrical issues including with the locks - but I can't see how you'd get quite this behaviour (though we've had some very heavy rain recently - so maybe...). There's also a wire in the drivers door which can short to ground causing the system to fail to sense that the drivers door is unlocked and not unlock the other doors - not sure if that's only if you have the central locking set to only open the drivers door on first press and the others on a second (I don't - it's set to open all), but I think if it was that the boot and fuel flap should stay locked too?

Any pointers gratefully received!
    Geoff

geoffbeaumont, May 16, 2021
  2. geoffbeaumont

geoffbeaumont

For the sake of anyone else who finds this - the issue was a failed lock controller module in the drivers door.

geoffbeaumont, May 21, 2021
Ask a Question