Zafira b pinking

Discussion in 'Zafira' started by zaffyb, Jul 22, 2021.

1. zaffyb

zaffyb

On acceleration of mostly 2/3/4 there is a pinking sound going on so the garage think it is.

they told me to use shell v power in stead of supermarket fuel and that might fix it if not might be a knock sensor all guessing.

I'm waiting to run the tank down before trying that just wondering if there a known issue to cause this ?

its the xe1 engine petrol 85k (zafira b petrol)

Serviced a year ago.

Spark plug tips are white. Oil level fine.

water pump working

aux tensioner has no play

I scanned some live data that may help change the file extension from .txt to .csv to view
    https://file.io/jroJJ6n7l7Nc
    https://file.io/9En6YngDq81e

With any luck someone who understands what to look for in live data may be able to find out whats up.

I've filled up with shell v power (97 octane) and done about 13 miles and has made no difference.

The only fault code is for a brake light switch which the local garage said to ignore as the brake lights work.

Appreciate any help.

zaffyb, Jul 22, 2021
  2. zaffyb

zaffyb

Changing the brake light switch sadly didn't make any difference.

Changed the spark plugs this morning and took if for a 20 min drive and its slightly better.

Considering changing the plugs helped a bit I wonder if the fault lies within the coil pack on the verge of going but under the threshold to trigger a engine light.

That said I don't want to chuck parts and money at it. The plugs needing doing well in August, but there about and the brake light switch as well.

I'm wondering if anything seem stands out for my last two posts that may help.

zaffyb, Jul 24, 2021
Ask a Question