What's the widget in the petrol cap ?

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Lordy, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. Lordy

    Lordy Guest

    I was polishing my Vectra earlier this evening and lifted the petrol
    filler flap to clean round the edge and noticed a little plastic thing
    clipped to the underside of the flap. I've managed to overlook this
    every time I've been to the petrol station :) it's like a plastic key
    of some sort, with a cross section head. Any idea what it's for ?
    Lordy, Apr 25, 2004
  2. Lordy

    Martin Guest

    It's for undoing the Tyre valve caps without getting your hands dirty!

    Martin, Apr 25, 2004
  3. Lordy

    Gio Guest

    Had me baffled too at first. It is a tool for removing your tyre valve
    caps. the cross section is for holding in your hand when the other end is
    pushed in the valve cap.
    Hope it helps?

    Gio, Apr 25, 2004
  4. Lordy

    Lordy Guest

    Had me baffled too at first. It is a tool for removing your
    Heh, different.
    Cheers lads :)
    Lordy, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Lordy

    Alan Guest

    It's the only part of the car that impressed Jeremy Clarkson when he first
    road tested the 'new' Vectra!



    New & used Vauxhall cars & vans, servicing, repairs & parts
    Alan, Apr 26, 2004
  6. For removing the tyre valve cap.

    When the Vecyy was introduced, Jeremy Clarkson spent 10 minutes of prime TV
    time ridiculing it, when all I wanted to see on the program (I think he was
    still with top gear at the time) was a bit about the car ....
    Richard Murphy, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Lordy

    Piffy Guest

    Thanks for that - had always wondered about that meself but didn't fancy
    asking in case I looked dumb ...

    Piffy, May 1, 2004
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.