warning light on dash

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Olliebears, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Olliebears

Olliebears Guest

Hi All

I get this warning on my dash and it appears to be for a lightbulb not working, however all bulbs intact
    It started coming on intermittently but now stays on all the time so not sure now. any ideas?

and how do I get rid of it if all the lights are ok?

Car is a 2.2 Vectra TDi 2004 estate

sorry for the test posts but I was having trouble yesterday trying to post this

Olliebears

Olliebears, Jul 27, 2007
  2. Olliebears

me140 Guest

You need to recheck your lights are really working - the vectra is quite clever in that if a bulb fails, where it can it will put another light on instead to keep you legal and safe.
    Get someone to press the brake pedal and check that both brake lights are at the same height - same with your side lights.
    Hi All

I get this warning on my dash and it appears to be for a lightbulb not working, however all bulbs intact
    It started coming on intermittently but now stays on all the time so not sure now. any ideas?

Olliebears

me140, Jul 27, 2007
  3. Olliebears

Olliebears Guest

Well I thought I found a faulty bulb at the back so put two new ones in ....now the warning comes on intermittently and the Engine Electrics warning comes on until I have drove about a mile then goes off .........got me stumped!
    You need to recheck your lights are really working - the vectra is quite clever in that if a bulb fails, where it can it will put another light on instead to keep you legal and safe.
    Get someone to press the brake pedal and check that both brake lights are at the same height - same with your side lights.
    Hi All

Olliebears

Olliebears, Aug 3, 2007
  4. Olliebears

me140 Guest

Is it out of warranty?
    You may have to bite the bullet and go to a dealer to get them to put tech 2 on and see which light is the problem - have you double checked every light front and rear?

If the car is driving ok and the engine man light goes off shortly after starting I would guess you have a glow plug down - easy enough to check in situ with a multi meter cos if you un plug them and do a resistance check between the top terminal on the glow plug and the glow plug body one will be miles different to the others.

Well I thought I found a faulty bulb at the back so put two new ones in ...now the warning comes on intermittently and the Engine Electrics warning comes on until I have drove about a mile then goes off .........got me stumped!
    Hi All

Olliebears

me140, Aug 3, 2007
Ask a Question