Tigra B Twin Top Air Con Issue

Discussion in 'Tigra' started by brise, Sep 5, 2019.

1. brise

brise

Hi all
    I've got a problem with the wife's Tigra 2007
    The air con has been working well for the last 2 years, then the other day there was water squirting out from behind the lower front centre console, which looks like a heater box with air-con pipes next to it. It does seem to be water as it's clear and it's not used any coolant.
    I couldn't find any leaks and the pipes was hot, not sure if they're supposed to be. The box was covered in condensation, also not sure this is normal or not.
    Anyway after 3 days this water stopped coming out and the aircon was still working fine, for about 4 days, and now has stopped. All the pump and bits are still working as far as I can see.
    I've been to Halfords for a free air-con check and they said the pressure was too high in the system, which surely is not be the case if it has been working fine before.
    The wife is now moaning about wanting it work, but I begrudge spending any money on a car that's worth about 1500, she won't sell it anyway as she loves it.
    I know its not the dreaded servo leak, as I've sorted that previously
    Any guidance would be much appreciated

brise, Sep 5, 2019
Ask a Question