Strange front foglight operation

Discussion in 'Viva' started by Fester, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Fester

Fester

The Wife leaves for work whilst I'm still in the house and I've noticed on a couple of occasions over the last week that the offside front foglight is on as she manoeuvres out of her parking spot. She also has to reverse during this manoeuvre whereupon the offside foglight goes out and the nearside one comes on.
    My thoughts were that being un-used to the controls she was somehow switching the foglight switches but she insists that she only used the headlights.
    I tried every combination of switches myself but could not repeat her problem in either forward or reverse.
    Am I missing something or is there an unusual fault with the car?

Fester, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Fester

Fester

Should have said that the car is a 2017 Viva SE AC

Fester, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Fester

sprout

Hi there

I queried the same thing when I got my first Viva last year, (thinking it was some kind of electrical fault), only to find out that they do this automatically. I`ve noticed this on other cars since, eg when turning at a junction. My previous car was older and didn`t have this feature.

sprout, Jan 7, 2022
  4. Fester

sprout

Hi there

I queried the same thing when I got my first Viva last year, (thinking it was some kind of electrical fault), only to find out that they do this automatically. I`ve noticed this on other cars since, eg when turning at a junction. My previous car was older and didn`t have this feature.

sprout, Jan 7, 2022
Ask a Question