Service engine soon message.

Discussion in 'Insignia' started by Sut, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Sut

Sut

I have seen this problem in several places on the internet, but cannot find a suitable solution. It can be several weeks until this problem occurs. While driving the engine will stall and the service engine soon message will come on along with all the other lights on the dashboard. These being the lights that are normally on when the engine is stopped. I can restart the engine by turning off the ignition switch and restating it again. If I do it quick enough the car will not have slowed down too much. It does however bother me that one day it may happen when I am overtaking. I know of several people that have paid around £500 to have the ECU changed and it has had no effect other than be an unessential financial drain. Several people on the internet have also suffered the same. Does anyone know what the answer is please. My car is a 2010 2.0 CDTI and much as I enjoy driving the car, I feel that I cannot put up with this problem for much longer owing to it maybe putting me in a dangerous position one day. A local garage did put an OBD2 on it, I cannot remember all of the results, but I do remember him saying that it was showing a low voltage on number 3 and 4 injectors. Thank you in advance for any help with this one.

Sut, Mar 23, 2024
Ask a Question