Power Loss

Discussion in 'Corsa' started by joshca90, Oct 29, 2018.

1. joshca90

joshca90

Good Evening.

I have a 56plate Corsa which is experiencing intermittent loss of power when under 2000 rpm.

This only happens now and again, but has occurred in any gear, but most often its from stationary and pulling off. When pulling off, i usually put little pressure on the accelerator peddle and lift off the clutch and its off with no issues, though it has started just chundering along until it eventually reaches 2k rpm and the car kicks into life and is as if nothing has happened, during this time my foot has the peddle pressed down as far as it can and still the revs still climb slowly.

I did have an oil leak which has been fixed, and then today the crankshaft sensor was replaced as the mechanic found oil residue in it and believed it could have been causing the problem, however when driving home from the garage the car started to play up again.

Anyone have any clue what could be causing this issue?

Thanks

joshca90, Oct 29, 2018
Ask a Question