parts help needed - air intake

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by banjo, Apr 8, 2007.

  1. banjo

    banjo Guest

    parts help needed - air intake

    not being great on the modern cars (im getting old ;-) ))

    i thought i would see if anyone can tell what these parts are and what they
    are for.
    i have uploaded 2 pictures to

    there are 2 pictures of the same, its just that the small one is 577kb in
    size and the other is 4.5mb in size,
    so you can choise which one to look at.

    i have numbered the parts 1 and 2 on black arrows,
    banjo, Apr 8, 2007
  2. banjo

    airsmoothed Guest

    Dunno about #2 but I reckon #1 is the intake air temperature sensor.
    airsmoothed, Apr 10, 2007
  3. banjo

    banjo Guest

    X-No-Archive: yes

    thanks m8 :)
    banjo, Apr 10, 2007
  4. Part number 1 is the intake air temperature sensor. Its description tells
    you pretty much what it does! ;-)

    Part number 2 looks to be the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) valve. Its
    job is to allow a controlled amount of the exhaust gas back into the intake
    side of the engine, which helps to reduce the oxides of nitrogen in the
    exhaust gas.



    Remove eight form email to reply.
    Anthony Britt, Apr 11, 2007
  5. banjo

    banjo Guest

    thanks anthony.

    i have cured one of my problems, the intake air temperature sensor, was
    wired up the wrong way,
    dont know who done it but the error code has now gone. :)
    banjo, Apr 11, 2007
Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.