Meriva Running Problems - Help Please

Discussion in 'Meriva' started by chris301up, Feb 4, 2023.

1. chris301up

chris301up

Hi everyone. Hope someone can help? My Son has a 2015 Meriva Techline but, for a little while now, has been having issues when its running. A few weeks ago, whilst he was driving along, it lost power and all the lights on the dashboard illuminated. After stopping for a short time he re-started and all seemed well? All lights went off and it was running ok. However, from then on, should he accelerate, lets say to climb a hill, it tends to shudder slightly under power. This morning, on his way to work, he was attempting to climb a very shallow gradient and once again it started to shudder again and struggle to climb the hill. At the same time the symbol for what i believe to be the Traction Control (car with skid marks) came on and won't go off. It is a dry day without any ice etc. so very strange for this to happen. I haven't seen the car this morning as he telephoned me for help on his way to work. I am only relaying this information in the hope you can understand and maybe have an idea what the issue is? Many thanks

chris301up, Feb 4, 2023
  2. chris301up

chris301up

Hi again peeps. Further to my previous post I have been out with my Son for a short run in his Meriva. To try and explain in a little more detail the vehicle tends to 'hunt', for want of better terminology, during acceleration and under load. Especially up hills. It's feels likes it's misfiring, but I have a sneaky feeling its something else. Just not sure where to start? Once it starts to 'hunt' the symbol showing a car with skid marks (Dash One) comes on and will not go off. Until the ignition is switched off and everything resets itself. The Traction Control (Dash Two) will not operate, nor will the light illuminate whilst the fault occurs. The acceleration is very poor, even going down through the gears, but will ease slightly once speed is gained and the road levels out. We have put the OBD reader on and no faults are showing. I am now at a bit of a loss and hoping one of you fellow Meriva owners may have an idea where to start?

Dash One.jpg Dash Two.jpg

chris301up, Feb 5, 2023
  3. chris301up

OwainJ93

Hi, I had the exact same issue and it was the coil pack (it's gone twice in the 5 years I've had the car). It's a very easy job with some basic tools, which is good. But they don't have separate coil packs, all 4 are in the same unit, so the part can be a bit costly. The last one was about £75 I think. As soon as it was changed, the problem stopped

OwainJ93, Feb 19, 2023
  4. chris301up

chris301up

HI EVERYONE. FINALLY GOT THE PROBLEM SORTED. PURCHASED A BRAND NEW AND UNOPEND PART FROM A WELL KNOWN WEBSITE AT A VERY COMPETITIVE PRICE. FITTED IT YESTERDAY. SORTED! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND HELP

chris301up, Feb 27, 2023
  5. chris301up

OwainJ93

Great news, was it the coilpack?

OwainJ93, Feb 27, 2023
  6. chris301up

chris301up

YES. SORRY. SHOULD'VE SAID. THANKS :)

chris301up, Feb 27, 2023
    OwainJ93 likes this.
Ask a Question