Meriva b 2011 1.7cdti eratic idle

Discussion in 'Meriva' started by Marcmerivab, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Marcmerivab

Marcmerivab

Hi

Ive had this car for approx 4 months and recently it developed an erratic idle when stationary. The rev counter jumps up and down when stopped. The problem seems worse when the engine is cold and less pronounced once its warmed up. Last week I had the fuel suction control valve replaced because I thought this was the issue. The car seemed to be fixed but after a few days the problem returned and is now worse than ever. This morning the engine surged when driving and seemed to lack acceleration.

I dont know when the car was last serviced but since I bought it ive had the cam belt and water pump replaced and changed the oil and filter.

Could this be a fuel filter issue?

If you check the following link you will see a quick vid i took this morning of the car idling. The engine seemed a bit loud and rough when driving but the problem seemed to settle once the engine warmed up but was still present.

Thanks

Marcmerivab, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Marcmerivab

Russ

Hi I understand where your coming from same problem myself..iv changed fuel filter both air filter glow pugs.
    So I turned of everything light stereo
    And it's stops in it's track. Now I'm going to find out why this is the heater that's causing the problems even the AA was baffled iv even changed the air maff flow.and fuel regulator
    Good luck with your car
    Russ

Russ, Feb 2, 2024
  3. Marcmerivab

Russ

Put your fan speed to 1 now this stops mine trying to find out why

Russ, Feb 2, 2024
Ask a Question