Corsa D Immobilised? Opcom use?

Discussion in 'Corsa' started by mgjhowie, Jan 4, 2022.

1. mgjhowie

mgjhowie

Hi everyone,

My partner has a 2008 Corsa D 1.2 Petrol. About two weeks ago, the car decided it was no longer going to start. The only previous symptoms was the key / receiver was a bit temperamental when unlocking but other than that, no flat battery or other issue.

The car and spanner light is flashing, the ignition turns on but there is no attempt to turn over - I have tried both keys. This makes me think that the car is immobilised (correct me if wrong). Currently I do not have tools to be able to read codes so this is a pure assumption.

My main question is - I have read online and watched videos suggesting the use of opcom to determine the faults and also has the ability to reset the immobilisation? We obviously have the security code to do this but is it a user friendly thing to do? Or would you leave to an expert (hard to come by in the area that I live). If it is suggested that I could give it a go, where is the better place to purchase?

After some advice. Thanks

mgjhowie, Jan 4, 2022
Ask a Question