Astra leaking inside

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by KTWR, Jan 10, 2020.

1. KTWR

KTWR

I have a Vauxhall Astra. And all of a sudden i've been haveing water leaking inside of it. It's all on the right side. It fills up the boot, where the spare tyre is. The boot carpet is wet. The back seats are wet. The carpets in the back are soaked as well and now the ceiling is wet.
    I've taken it to a Vauxhall garage and they couldn't find a leak. I'm takeing the car back to them as there clearly is a leak. And im also booked in with them, in a few weeks to have all the upholstery redone from the damage of the wetness.

Attached Files:

KTWR, Jan 10, 2020
  2. KTWR

Boroboy

Is it an Astra J or K?
    If you are saying the roof lining is wet, maybe the aerial that's leaking or roof rack channels.
    If it's the J, the haed lining is easy to pull down a bit from the back/hatch area, then put your hand inside & feel the underside of the roof aerial, if it's wet, that's your issue. I think there's a seal inside that can be replaced.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Boroboy, Jan 23, 2020
Ask a Question