Astra Intellilink Speech Recognition

Discussion in 'Astra' started by fatbellybinky, May 27, 2022.

1. fatbellybinky

fatbellybinky

Hi All,
    My son has just got a 2017 Astra Elite and we can't seem to get the Speech Recognition working. His phone is connected to the car via bluetooth and can make and receive calls using the car's controls in the Intellilink system. According to the manual, a long press of the phone button on either the control panel or steering wheel is supposed to invoke speech recognition allowing you to use voice commands to make a call, play music, etc. However what seems to happen is a screen pops up on his phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) asking him to complete the command using either Bixby or some other voice assistant). At the same time a speech recognition picture briefly flashes on the car's Intellilink screen.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to just operate the phone through speech recognition to make a call and not try to invoke a voice control app on the phone?

fatbellybinky, May 27, 2022
  2. fatbellybinky

Anniec52

I have the same problem. Voice commands worked fine on my 2015 Astra but don't seem to work on 2016 model. My phone is connected to Intellilink but I can't be scrolling through a list of 200 contacts while I'm driving. Any suggestions please?

Anniec52, Feb 25, 2024
Ask a Question