Astra - hesitant acceleration

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LEPhant, Aug 21, 2020.

1. LEPhant

LEPhant

I have just joined the Vauxhall Forums community and am hoping that someone will give me some advice. Over the last 3 weeks or so my Astra J (registered in Nov 2015) has been accelerating hesitatingly ie slow acceleration and then every so often there is a hiccup and it carries on again. Recently the 'electronic stability control' icon appeared on the dashboard display (icon is a symbol of a car with ziz zag lines under the wheels - as though it is skidding). Has anyone experienced this problem before ? and if so what was the remedy ? (I guess I am going to have to book it into a Vauxhall garage for investigation!!).
    Some additional information. I purchased the car new in November 2015 and have to date done just over 30900 miles in total. The car was serviced by the Vauxhall main dealer for the first 3 years, but last year it was serviced by a local garage.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    LEPhant, Aug 21, 2020
Ask a Question