Astra Elite 2007 - Reverse/Parking Camera Install

Discussion in 'Astra' started by Camzillar, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Camzillar

Camzillar

Hey,

I have an Astra Elite 2007 and I am looking to wire in a reverse/parking camera to the passenger side reverse lights. I have already run the A/V cable along the passenger side to the boot where it splits off with one cable going to the camera, and the other needing to be spurred onto the reverse lamp 12v live.

Attached is a picture of the OSR Connection for all passenger side taillights, but I can't figure out which wire is specifically the live reverse light only.

Would really appreciate any help with this!

...Otherwise, I'll just have to invest in a multimeter and all that faff.

Attached Files:

Camzillar, Mar 31, 2024
  2. Camzillar

Camzillar

Not sure if this will help anyone in the future, but I decided to just test each wire in the OSR Loom as to confirm which one did what... Findings below:

Slot 1 - Reverse Light (Cream/Black)
    Slot 2 - Left Indicator Light (White/Black)
    Slot 3 - Empty
    Slot 4 - Parking Light (Grey/Black)
    Slot 5 - Break Light (Yellow/Black)
    Slot 6 - Ground (Brown)

Spurred my reverse camera signal onto the reverse light cable and success!.. it's working perfectly :D

Additional bit of fun.. While testing, I had spurred onto the left indicator wire.. I found it pretty funny that when I activated the left indicator, my head unit switched to the reverse camera XD

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
    Camzillar, Apr 1, 2024
Ask a Question