Astra 2003, Engine Codes U2106 and P1700, Auto box starting in 2nd gear please help.

Discussion in 'Astra' started by sarahlou75, Jan 3, 2023.

1. sarahlou75

sarahlou75

Hi, I purchased a 2003 Vauxhall Astra Elegance which has only done 17k miles. Its a fully automatic model and a few times the engine light (Spanner) would come on and the car would only start in 2nd gear and nothing else would work gear wise ie the sports mode. But I could manually move the gear selector down to 1 and it would start in 1st gear. It was throwing up the error code P1700 which I cleared with my little reader but now its showing code U2106 and I could not clear it so its at my local garage. They send the ECU off to be looked at by ECU testing but they are saying now that they cannot test or repair it should it need it. I am wondering if the person that I bought the car off a year ago has fried the ECU by possibly jump starting it. I do not know what to do now to be honest I wanted to get the car ready for my partner who has his driving test on Jan 31st. I wondered if anyone has some suggestions? Thanks in advance Sarah

sarahlou75, Jan 3, 2023
Ask a Question