Air Con/Heater Blower Issue

Discussion in 'General Motoring' started by Hayzzx, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Hayzzx

Hayzzx

Hi I’m new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone could help me?
    Around a year ago I noticed a strange hissing noise when I put my heater blowers on.
    This noise ONLY happened when the car is fully running, the noise differs to which angle I point the blowers in too. It’s worse when it faces the front window. When I noticed this noise I was playing around the dials and noticed that it does it more louder on the hot then the cold, and I put the air con on and the noise doesn’t seem to change? Then I thought maybe the normal blowers sounded like they were maybe kicking in the air con even though I didnt even press the air con button!? So confused.
    I turned off the car and just put the ignition (just so the radio and the electrics were on.. ), I put the blowers on and NO HISSING or NO odd noises than normal. As soon as I turned the car the hissing and loud blower noises came back. So something is clearing interfering with the air con (well sounds like it is)
    Took it to Vauxhall which told me the air con needed re gassing? Thought this was odd as I had never used the air con since I bought the car (which had a full served and air con regassed).. so me being a mug I paid up and they had done the job. 5-6 months down the line everything was fine until this morning the noise came back! I had a full service last month too and nothing out of the ordinary was pointing out to me.
    I like to point out I hardly use the air con so I thought it surely can’t need regassing again? I wanted some advice first before I go back into Vauxhall and ask for them to look at my car again as I’m not sure if they’re are jusr feeding me excuses or what? As you know they pay a lot of money so if I could get some guidance to what the issue is then I could go elsewhere. Thank you for reading and hope someone can help! Thanks x

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
    Hayzzx, Jul 14, 2019
Ask a Question