2011 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav

Discussion in 'Insignia' started by jtheophilus, Jan 18, 2020.

1. jtheophilus

jtheophilus

On the dashboard of my 2011 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav, message "Check Right Dipped Beam Lamp" is being displayed.

I have correctly fitted each of two brand new bulbs to the relevant connection and the light still does not work each time, so it is reasonable to rule out that the cause of the reported fault is the bulb.

The right low beam fuse is fuse 49, the left low beam fuse is fuse 50. I swapped fuses 49 and 50 around, but the left headlight continued to work and the right headlight continued to not work, so I think that rules out the fuse as the cause of the problem.

Can anyone suggest any other potential cause of this problem and therefore also anything else I can do to try to resolve this problem.

In lieu of any suggestion, at the moment I am hypothesising that the cause of this problem is a faulty ballast control module unit.

One way to test this hypothesis is to replace the ballast control module unit. However, a replacement ballast control module unit is not cheap, so this would be an expensive way to test whether the ballast control module unit is faulty, especially if I find out that the the ballast control module unit is not faulty.

Does anyone know of a way to check whether a ballast control module unit is faulty without replacing the unit and ideally without removing or even loosening the front bumper?

I would be very grateful for any suggestion posted.

Attached Files:

jtheophilus, Jan 18, 2020
Ask a Question